- According to SovEcon's forecast, the ending wheat stocks in Russia will reach a record 16.2 million tons in 2022/23 (6.7 in 2021/22 and 9.3 million tons on average for the last five years). Another 2.9 million tons are stored in state reserves. In the first half of the season, exports were 22.8 million tons (24.8 in 2021/22), falling short of the record production of 102.7 million tons. According to Rosstat data, the grain production in Russia was 153.8 million tons in 2022 (121.4 in 2021/22), including wheat production of 104.4 million tons (76.1).
- According to Rusagrotrans data, 4.54 million tons of wheat were exported from Russia in December (3.26 in December 2021 and 4.76 in November 2022). In January 2023, an export of 3.6 million tons is expected (a record achievement), with 1.35 million tons of wheat exported over the period of January 1-12.
- During the week of January 9-15, 446,500 tons of wheat were exported from the Russian port of Novorossiysk (324,700 a week earlier). The biggest customers were Sudan with 135,700 tons, Egypt with 96,000 tons, Yemen with 81,900 tons and Turkey with 78,800 tons.
- Over the period of January 1-15, 1.6 million tons of grain were exported from Russia (+40% compared to last year), including wheat exports of 1.4 million tons (945,000) and corn exports of 145,700 tons (+8%).
- Since the beginning of the operation of the Egyptian Commodity Exchange, GASC has realized 300,000 tons of wheat.
- The government of Egypt plans to buy 4 million tons of wheat from local farmers in the new season. Last year, the authorities raised the purchase price by 37 USD/ton, and then 4.58 million tons of wheat were purchased, compared to 3.5 million tons in 2021.
- Turkey bought 24,000 tons of unrefined sunseed oil of any origin at a price of 1,218.8 - 1,228 USD/ton C&F and delivery within February - March.
- The State Company of Egypt GASC has announced a tender for the purchase of feed corn with an unspecified quantity and delivery within February 10 - 25.
- On 17.01.2023, Algeria will hold a tender for the purchase of no less than 50,000 tons of wheat with delivery in March.
- The Buenos Aires Grain Exchange predicts a soybean production in Argentina of 41 million tons (48 in the previous estimate). Corn areas are projected at 7.1 million hectares (7.3), and the estimate for the corn production will remain unchanged at 50 million tons. The harvesting campaign of wheat has ended with a production of 12.4 million tons.