- Over the week, Chinese importers bought about 360 thousand tons of soybeans from Brazil with delivery within October - November, which is not typical for this period of the year. Fears are that US exporters will not be able to supply soybeans as export terminals in the Gulf of Mexico are still recovering after Hurricane Ida. In addition, according to the USDA, China canceled the purchase of 328 thousand tons of soy from the United States during the past week .
- Export sales of wheat from the United States in the week of September 3-9 reached 617 thousand tons, which is the highest weekly level since the beginning of this season and is 59% more than the previous week. The largest wheat buyers for the week were Nigeria (328.9 thousand tons), Mexico (78.3 thousand tons), South Korea (69.1 thousand tons), Taiwan (54.6 thousand tons) and Guatemala (34.9 thousand tons).
- FranceAgriMer has lowered its forecast for wheat production in France in 2021/22 by 1 million tons to 36.1 million tons (29.2 million tons in 2020/21).
- Over the week of September 22-28, 2021, the export tax on wheat from Russia will be 50.9 USD/ton compared to 52.5 USD/ton a week earlier, the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia announced. The export tax on barley will decrease from 33.1 USD/ton to 31 USD/ton and the export tax on corn will drop to 47.8 USD/ton from 49 USD/ton.
- Exports of barley and corn from Ukraine are significantly higher than last year. According to the Customs Service of Ukraine, Ukraine exported 11.366 million tons of cereals over the period of July 1 - September 17, which is 1.036 million tons more than last year.
6.753 million tons of wheat (-288 thousand tons) , 3.169 million tons of barley (+523 thousand tons), 21.5 thousand tons of rye (+20 thousand tons) and 1.391 million tons of corn (+779 thousand tons) have been exported.
- According to APK-Inform, the price of sunseed in Ukraine is rapidly rising.
- On September 16, Jordan bought 120,000 tons of feed barley. 60,000 tons have been purchased from Viterra at a price of 315 USD/ton C&F with delivery in the first half of January and 60,000 tons have been purchased from AGE at a price of 319.25 USD/ton C&F with delivery in the first half of February.