- As of 09.09.2021, 36.2 million hectares of cereals have been harvested in Russia, 96.6 million tons of grain have been harvested at an average yield of 2.67 tons/hectare, including:
- wheat - 69.6 million tons at an average yield of 2.91 tons/hectare
- barley - 17.3 million tons at an average yield of 2.42 tons/hectare
- corn - 544,000 tons at an average yield of 4.43 tons/hectare
Sunseed was harvested on 607,700 hectares, 951,500 tons of sunseed were harvested at an average yield of 1.57 tons/hectare.
- For the week starting on 10.09.2021, the export tax on Russian wheat will be 52.5 USD/ton (46.5 weeks earlier), 33.1 USD/ton on barley (26.1) and 49.0 USD/ton on corn (51.1).
- On Thursday, commodity funds in Chicago were net sellers of 4,750 soybean contracts and 8,750 wheat contracts.
- According to MarketsFarm, as of 31.07.2021, canola stocks in Canada were 1.8 million tons, which is 48.6% less than the previous year. The decrease is due to the record processing of canola in 2020/21 - 10.4 million tons (+2.8% for the year) and canola exports of 10.5 million tons (+4.9). For 2020/21, the ending wheat stocks are estimated at 5.71 million tons (+3.7%) and the ending stocks of barley are predicted at 711,100 tons (-25.7%). Wheat exports are projected to reach 26.4 million tons (+10.1%) and barley exports are expected at 4.6 million tons (+54.8%).
- According to Conab, soybean production in Brazil reached a record 135.9 million tons in 2020/21 (+ 8.9%). Exports will be 83.6 million tons and ending soybean stocks are expected at 7.5 million tons. The corn production is expected to reach 85.75 million tons (-0.9 million tons compared to the previous estimate and -16.4% compared to 2019/20 - 102.5), which is the lowest result for the last five years. The harvesting campaign of the second corn crop is completed on 86.9% of the areas and the second corn production is projected at 59.5 million tons (75.1). Corn exports will reach 22 million tons (-1.5 and -37%). Wheat areas will increase by 14.9% to 2.69 million hectares and the wheat production will be 8.15 million tons (6.2). Demand for wheat in Brazil is expected to grow by 3.71%.
- According to the forecast of the Rosario Grain Exchange, the soybean production in Argentina will be 48.8 million tons in 2021/22 (49 in 2020/21), corn production is projected within 55 - 56 million tons (55) and the wheat production is estimated at 20.5 million tons (20.1). As of 08.09.2021, 46% of the wheat crops are in good and excellent condition (+15% compared to the previous week and +24% compared to last year).